Rangers of the North
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick!

2 posters

Go down

Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick! Empty Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick!

Post  Peacebloom Sat May 16, 2009 5:44 am

Ok, so alot of folk, especially me have a lil difficulty when it comes to typing fast when needed in a high pressure situation, such as the middle of a raid or heroic. So, what can be done to fix this problem? Why, Teamspeak of course, the magic of audio to communicate those urgent and not so urgent messages.

I set up a special channel called Rangers for the guild to communicate in. This is open to people who have characters who are not in the guild, but keep in touch. The way to join this channel is to type in /join rangers. Simple.

Now, here is where you need a microphone, like the one every single non crappy computer comes with, and preferably some headphones, although I dont use em myself, so meh.

Launch Warcraft, and log in to be able to get access to your personal settings.
open up the options menu and click on the second button, sound and voice.
On the left of the window, click on voice, and then in the main window click Enable Voice Chat.
There are then a few settings for you to tweak, such as which microphone you want to use, weather you want you mic to activate automatically or at the push of a button (I choose auto, leaves my hands free...... lol).
One note on the option about microphone sensitivity, turn it all the way to zero. This now means you mic picks up everything. Yeah, I thought it was the reverse too. meh. You can also choose what happens to the in game music sound and ambience when someone else is talking, I reccomend turning em down to halfway, otherwise you may not hear what the other person is saying.

I think thats all, now go have fun and dont blame me if facing the snarky horror of Grandeddo's voice is too much to bear.

lol
Peacebloom
Peacebloom

http://dennisillustration.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick! Empty Re: Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick!

Post  deadeddo Sun May 17, 2009 3:18 am

My voice to much to bear?!? i have a lovely voice, which you al wish to have Twisted Evil
deadeddo
deadeddo

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick! Empty Re: Teamspeak: That aint no Blood Elf chick!

Post  Peacebloom Sun May 17, 2009 3:53 am

lol, surrrre.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention HOW to get your voice chat connected to the channel. On the minimap there should be a speaker icon, right click it to get a tiny dropdown window which lists all the channels you are in which support voice chat, such as a raid, party and rangers option. Click on rangers, and then enjoy.
Peacebloom
Peacebloom

http://dennisillustration.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  deadeddo Sun May 17, 2009 6:13 am

Btw i aint a fan of having it always on, i prefer push to talk (PTT). My PTT button is ` which i controll with my pink cause my left hand is allready on qweasd for moving around
deadeddo
deadeddo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down